- Basic Policy on the Protection of Personal Information
TDK Personal Information Protection Basic Policy
- TDK Corporation (hereinafter, the “Company”) agrees to act in compliance with the Act Concerning Protection of Personal Information, related legislation and regulations and any other pertinent rules pertaining to the acquisition, use, custody or supply of personal information.
- The Company shall strive for sustained improvements and progress in its approaches to personal information protection.
- The Company shall promote education and enlightenment for all officers, full-time employees, non-regular employees, contract employees, part-time workers, temporary workers and dispatched employees, to gain their understanding of the importance of personal information protection and ensure proper handling of such personal information upon all occasions.
- The Company shall strive to prevent illicit access, leakage, loss or damage to personal information, and rectify the ramifications of such events.
- Upon the acquistion of personal information from individuals, the Company shall clarify the following facts to the individuals in question. Moreover, in the absence of legitimate grounds pursuant to laws, ordinances or other requirements, the Company shall only use personal information to the extent for which the consent of the individuals in question has been obtained.
- （1）Purposes of use.
- （2）In the event of plans to supply personal information to third parties, notice of the said purpose, items to be supplied, recipients (including the purport of any binding contractual terms) and methods of supply.
- （3）Upon entrusting personal information to third parties, notice to that effect.
- （4）The fact that disclosure of personal information is at the full discretion of the individuals in question.
- （5）The contact point for use by the individuals in question to confirm the personal information entrusted with the Company.
- In the absence of legitimate grounds pursuant to laws, ordinances or other requirements, the Company shall not engage in unauthorized supply to third parties of personal information entrusted from individuals.
- For personal information entrusted from individuals, in the event of the desire of the individuals in question to confirm, make corrections in or delete the said personal information, the Company shall respond to such requests to the most reasonable extent possible.
It is hereby requested that any inquiries concerning the TDK personal information protection policy and other aspects of the protection of personal information be directed to the Information Security Office
Enacted: August 10, 2004
Revised: April 15, 2016
President & CEO
Handling of Personal Information on TDK Web sites
TDK Corporation shall determine its basic policy pertaining to the protection of personal information (the TDK Personal Information Protection Basic Policy), and endeavor to appropriately handle all personal information with which it is entrusted.
- Purposes of Collection
TDK Corporation reserves the right to utilize personal information supplied by its customers for any of the following purposes.
- (1) To provide responses to inquiries received on TDK websites.
- (2) To provide information pertaining to present campaigns administered on TDK websites.
- (3) To seek responses to questionnaires concerning TDK Corporation products, etc. related to present campaigns administered on TDK websites.
- (4) To notify the winners of present campaigns administered on TDK websites and to forward the presents.
- (5) To provide information concerning online magazines issued by the TDK Corporation.
- Shared Use of Personal Information
In the event that the Company deems it appropriate to arrange for companies in the TDK Group to provide responses for the stated purposes of collection, there may be occasions of shared use of personal information with such TDK Group companies. Notwithstanding, TDK Corporation shall continue to assume the obligations for proper management of personal information with respect to its customers in such cases as well.
- (1) Parties to Engage in Shared Use
- TDK-EPC Corporation
- TDK-Lambda Corporation
- (2) Categories of Personal Information Subject to Shared Use
1) Personal names
2) Company names
3) Company addresses
4) Work unit names
5) Company telephone numbers
6) Email addresses
(Limited to “Email addresses” for online magazine registrants)
- (3) Use Purposes of Parties of Use
Identical to the aforementioned “1. Purposes of Collection.”
- (1) Parties to Engage in Shared Use
- Supply of Personal Information
In the absence of legitimate grounds, the Company shall not engage in unauthorized supply to third parties of the personal information of its customers with which it is entrusted.
- Custody of Personal Information
TDK Corporation reserves the right to consign to outside parties related to responses to inquiries regarding TDK websites, the administering of present campaigns and shipment of prizes. Upon such occasions, while the personal information supplied shall be consigned to such outside parties, the Company shall uphold rigorous management of the said information. In this regard, there may be occasions when TDK Corporation or the consignees in question document responses to inquiries from customers or other personal records concerning customers.
- Collection of Personal Information
All personal information collected shall be supplied at the discretion of the customers.
Customers are asked to direct all requests for inquiries, revisions or deletion of personal information to the following contact. The Company shall respond to such requests to the most reasonable extent possible.
TDK Website Administration Office