Multilayer Chip Beads
MMZ Series(0402 Size)
|Volume Reduced 94%||Mounting Area Reduced 82%||Packaging Materials Reduced 50%|
|Power Consumption Reduced 50% during Transport||RoHS Compliant|
Mobile communications devices (prevention of radiated noise from high-speed signal lines)
These compact, low-profile, high-performance beads are used to prevent radiated noise from the high-speed signal lines of mobile communications devices that must be compact and slim such as mobile phones. TDK’s fine pattern formation and thin-film formation technologies allow these beads to be formed at the industry’s smallest size.*
* As of October, 2009, according to TDK-EPC investigations.
Main Environmental Impact Reduction Effects
- Smaller size and lighter weight means resource saving (volume is reduced by approximately 94% compared to the TDK MMZ1005 component).
- The smaller size reduces mounting area (mounting area is reduced by approximately 82% compared to the TDK MMZ1005 component), contributing to reduced solder use and smaller and lighter customer sets.
- Miniaturization results in less packaging material used (reduced by approximately 50% compared to the TDK MMZ1005 component). (Twice as many components can be packaged on a single reel compared to 1005 components.)
- Smaller size and lighter weight contributes to lower energy usage during transportation (approximately 50% lower compared to the TDK MMZ1005 component).
(Posted September 5, 2008)