- Rated current of 350 mA, making it 3.5 times higher than for the MEM1608P series
- DC resistance of 0.8 Ω, therefore 69 percent less than existing products
- Footprint reduced by 61 percent compared to existing products
Mar. 7, 2017
TDK Corporation presents the MEM1005PP251T – a new LC filter for EMI suppression. With dimensions of just 1.0 x 0.5 x 0.35 mm the filters are ideally suited for use in smart phones and base stations. Volume production began in March 2017.
The usual method for suppressing interference in the communication frequency bands of smart phones and other devices is to use capacitors or inductances, or a combination of these components. In contrast to discrete solutions, the MEM1005PP251T combines two capacitors and an inductance in the form of a Pi filter in a single component. As a result, 61 percent less space is required and there is a reduction in the overall number of components.
Thanks to the special design by TDK, the component offers very low-loss operation and a DC resistance of just 0.8 Ω, which represents a reduction of 69 percent when compared to previous products. The new filter offers a rated current of 350 mA, which is 3.5 times more than the MEM1608P series. With these properties the combination element offers the highest possible performance currently available in its class.* In addition, the new filter is designed for a very wide temperature range from -55 °C to +125 °C, whereas previous series only covered the range from -40 °C to +85 °C. Due to expansion of rated current and the wide temperature range, it allows a high degree of design flexibility.
The attenuation in the frequency range from 700 MHz to 3 GHz, which is used by mobile communications, is in excess of 30 dB. This means that interference is extremely well suppressed and the reception sensitivity increases significantly.
In future, TDK will extend this product line to meet the design requirements for a broad spectrum of devices for wireless communication.
- *Status: March 2017 according to studies by TDK
- Smart phones, Tablet PCs and game consoles with communication function equipped
- Base stations
Main features and benefits
- High degree of noise suppression of over 30 dB in the mobile radio frequency range
- Significant increase in the reception sensitivity of communication equipment
- Footprint reduced by 61 percent compared to existing products and reduction of implementation cost
- Low DC resistance and therefore low loss
- High flexibility of design thanks to high permissible rated current
Type Cutoff frequency
Rated current [mA] Maximum voltage
MEM1005PP251T 250 typ. 0.8 max. 350 max. 10
About TDK Corporation
TDK Corporation is a leading electronics company based in Tokyo, Japan. It was established in 1935 to commercialize ferrite, a key material in electronic and magnetic products. TDK's portfolio includes electronic components, modules and systems* marketed under the product brands TDK and EPCOS, power supplies, magnetic application products as well as energy devices, flash memory application devices, and others. TDK focuses on demanding markets in the areas of information and communication technology and consumer, automotive and industrial electronics. The company has a network of design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America. In fiscal 2016, TDK posted total sales of USD 10.2 billion and employed about 92,000 people worldwide.
- * The product portfolio includes ceramic, aluminum electrolytic and film capacitors, ferrites, inductors, high-frequency components such as surface acoustic wave (SAW) filter products and modules, piezo and protection components, and sensors.
- Product with background (jpg: 928.3 KB; 300dpi)
- Product without background (jpg: 2.2 MB; 300dpi)
- Press release (pdf: 263.3 KB; )
- Press release (rtf: 146.2 KB; )
- Further information on the products can be found under product.tdk.com/info/en/catalog/datasheets/3tf_commercial_signal_mem1005pp_en.pdf.
Contacts for regional media
|Japan||Mr. Sumio MARUKAWA||TDK Corporation
|ASEAN||Ms. Jiang MAN
Ms. Pei Lu LEE
|TDK Singapore (Pte) Ltd.
|+65 6273 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Greater China||Ms. Clover XU||TDK China Co., Ltd.
|+86 21 email@example.com|
|Europe||Mr. Frank TRAMPNAU||TDK Europe GmbH
|+49 211 9077 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|America||Ms. Sara M. LAMBETH||TDK Corporation of America
Irving, TX, USA