Apr. 5, 2016
TDK Corporation has expanded its CCT series of clamp AC current sensors with a new 600 A type. The lineup of TDK current sensors is now positioned to meet the high-current sensing needs of energy management systems (EMS) for buildings, factories, stores and communities. The new CCT406393-600-36 current sensor has a clamp inner diameter of 36 mm and external dimensions of 56 mm x 67 mm x 96 mm. With a current transformation ratio of 3000:1, the output current is 200 mA. Mass production will begin in July 2016.
The new clamp AC current sensor achieves its high current rating thanks to its optimized sensor shape and high-performance ferrite material developed especially for current sensors. Moreover, the CCT series is manufactured with automated winding and soldering processes to ensure high quality.
With the addition of this new component to a current sensor lineup that already includes a 300-A (24 mm inner diameter), 100-A (16 mm) and 30-A (6 mm) types, TDK offers a comprehensive portfolio of clamp AC current sensors for a wide range of currents.
- Energy management systems (EMS) for buildings, factories, stores and communities (BEMS, FEMS, SEMS, CEMS)
Main features and benefits
- Quick and easy installation in existing power distribution panels
- Integrated open-circuit protection element for voltage peak suppression
- Automated winding and soldering processes ensure high quality
Type Maximum AC current
Maximum output current [mA]
Secondary winding resistance
CCT261631-30-06 30 10 492 CCT272440-80-10 80 26.6 352 CCT323047-100-16 100 33.3 285 CCT354571-300-24 300 100.0 103 CCT406393-600-36 NEW 600 200.0 64
About TDK Corporation
TDK Corporation is a leading electronics company based in Tokyo, Japan. It was established in 1935 to commercialize ferrite, a key material in electronic and magnetic products. TDK's portfolio includes electronic components, modules and systems* marketed under the product brands TDK and EPCOS, power supplies, magnetic application products as well as energy devices, flash memory application devices, and others. TDK focuses on demanding markets in the areas of information and communication technology and consumer, automotive and industrial electronics. The company has a network of design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America. In fiscal 2015, TDK posted total sales of USD 9.0 billion and employed about 88,000 people worldwide.
- * The product portfolio includes ceramic, aluminum electrolytic and film capacitors, ferrites, inductors, high-frequency components such as surface acoustic wave (SAW) filter products and modules, piezo and protection components, and sensors.
- Product with background (jpg: 2.7 MB; 350dpi)
- Product without background (jpg: 1.6 MB; 350dpi)
- Press release (pdf: 88.8 KB; )
- Press release (rtf: 142.0 KB; )
- Further information on the products can be found under http://product.tdk.com/en/catalog/datasheets/sensor_current_cct_en.pdf.
Contacts for regional media
|Japan||Mr. Akira TESHIMA||TDK Corporation
|ASEAN||Ms. Jiang MAN
Mr. Shota KANZAKI
|TDK Singapore (Pte) Ltd.Singapore||+65 6273 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Greater China||Ms. Clover XU||TDK China Co., Ltd.
|+86 21 email@example.com|
|Europe||Mr. Frank TRAMPNAU||TDK Europe GmbH
|+49 211 9077 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|America||Ms. Sara M. LAMBETH||TDK Corporation of America
Irving, TX, USA