TDK Personal Information Protection Basic Policy
- TDK Corporation (hereinafter, the “Company”) agrees to act in compliance with the Act Concerning Protection of Personal Information, related legislation and regulations and any other pertinent rules pertaining to the acquisition, use, custody or supply of personal information.
- The Company shall strive for sustained improvements and progress in its approaches to personal information protection.
- The Company shall promote education and enlightenment for all officers, full-time employees, non-regular employees, contract employees, part-time workers, temporary workers and dispatched employees, to gain their understanding of the importance of personal information protection and ensure proper handling of such personal information upon all occasions.
- The Company shall strive to prevent illicit access, leakage, loss or damage to personal information, and rectify the ramifications of such events.
- Upon the acquistion of personal information from individuals, the Company shall clarify the following facts to the individuals in question. Moreover, in the absence of legitimate grounds pursuant to laws, ordinances or other requirements, the Company shall only use personal information to the extent for which the consent of the individuals in question has been obtained.
- Purposes of use.
- In the event of plans to supply personal information to third parties, notice of the said purpose, items to be supplied, recipients (including the purport of any binding contractual terms) and methods of supply.
- Upon entrusting personal information to third parties, notice to that effect.
- The fact that disclosure of personal information is at the full discretion of the individuals in question.
- The contact point for use by the individuals in question to confirm the personal information entrusted with the Company.
- In the absence of legitimate grounds pursuant to laws, ordinances or other requirements, the Company shall not engage in unauthorized supply to third parties of personal information entrusted from individuals.
- For personal information entrusted from individuals, in the event of the desire of the individuals in question to confirm, make corrections in or delete the said personal information, the Company shall respond to such requests to the most reasonable extent possible.
It is hereby requested that any inquiries concerning the TDK personal information protection policy and other aspects of the protection of personal information be directed to the Information Security Office
Enacted: August 10, 2004
Revised: April 15, 2016
President & CEO
Handling of Personal Information on TDK Websites
- 1.Scope of Application
- 2.Purposes of Collecting Personal Information
- 3.Purposes of Collecting other Information
- 4.Shared Use of Personal Information
- 5.Cross-border Shared Use of Personal Information
- 6.Third-Party Service Provider
- 7.Provision of Information
- 8.Security and Accuracy of Information
- 9.Arbitrary Provision of Personal Information
- 10.Personal Information about Children
1. Scope of Application
2. Purposes of Collecting Personal Information
The Company may, under different circumstances, request a customer to supply personal information. With respect to collecting personal information, the Company shall announce the purposes thereof and if a customer agrees to supply personal information, the Company shall collect and use it. In the event there is a change to such purposes, the Company shall announce such change in advance and, if a customer agrees to it, the Company shall use his/her personal information.
Purposes of collecting personal information handled on the Website are as follows:
Responding to Inquiries and Requests (providing responses, sending materials and samples, etc.)
The Company shall use information supplied by a customer for the purposes of responding to inquiries and requests received, including providing response to inquiries and sending materials and samples, etc.)
Notification by Email
The Company shall use information supplied by a customer for the purposes of providing notification of products, events, seminars, exhibitions, competitions, and campaigns, etc. to a customer who has requested to delivery to by email.
The Company may use personal information supplied by a customer for the purpose of personalizing the Website to suit a customer, including providing information suited for a customer's interests on the Website and facilitating navigation on the Website
The Company may analyze personal information supplied by a customer, in combination with a customer's use history of the Website, email opening confirmation, and other information and then use it in marketing activities for better understanding the customer’s needs. This may include information about a customer the Company collects from a third-party service provider indirectly. Consequently, the Company may inform a customer of information that relates closely to his/her interest on the Website or other companies' websites, or by email, telephone, or other means.
PC and Mobile Application Software
The Company may offer PC and mobile application software for the purposes of providing specific services and functions. In the event a customer downloads or uses a TDK application software, the Company may use personal information supplied by a customer through such application software or firmware, etc. for the purposes of realizing services and functions a customer requests. A specific TDK application software may create a crash report (This may include IP address, language and originating country of a customer's device.), using software which a third party develops so that TDK could remedy and resolve software problems.
Promotional Campaigns and Questionnaires
The Company may conduct promotional campaigns and questionnaires for the purpose of ensuring that a customer deeply understands the Company's services and activities or obtaining a customer's comments. The Company may use personal information supplied by a customer for the purpose of giving notice and sending giveaways.
Communication between the Customers
In the event a customer uses a function which notifies his/her friend or colleague of a specified website by email, he/she is required to enter the name and email address of a recipient. The Company shall use such information only for the purpose of sending an email about the sharing the website specified by a customer only one time and shall not use it for any other purpose.
The Company may use personal information supplied by a customer for the purposes of providing job applicants (including internships) with notification and information.
3. Purposes of Collecting Other Information
Analysis of the Website
The Company collects information, including the source, destination, and IP address of the browser, operating system and website a customer is using, for the purpose of continuously improving the Website and services.
The Company may, in collaboration with a third-party service provider, post its advertisements on other companies' websites, based on the customer's interest and use history. The Company may collect information about the customer's activities on the Company's Website and other companies' websites, using cookies offered by a third-party service provider (For more information, refer to “TDK Cookies Policy.”), for the purpose of providing targeted advertisements based on a customer's interest.
4. Shared Use of Personal Information
In the event that the Company deems appropriate, there may be occasions of shared use of personal information with the Company's subsidiaries and affiliates. In this case, the Company shall assume the obligations for proper management of personal information about its customers.
5. Cross-border Shared Use of Personal Information
6. Third-Party Service Provider
The Company may outsource the forwarding of materials, samples, and presents to customers and administering of campaigns to a third-party service provider. The Company may also use on-line tools offered by a third-party service provider, for the purposes of marketing activities, analyzing websites, sending email and on-line advertisements, etc. In this case, the Company shall assume the obligation for properly managing personal information about its customers.
7. Provision of Information
The Company shall not provide personal information on a customer to any third party except in cases where:
- The Company obtains such customer's consent;
- It is requested by laws and regulations;
- It is necessary for the protection of human life, body, or property, and it is difficult to obtain such customer's consent;
- The Company outsources the handling of personal information, in whole or in part, to the utmost extent necessary to accomplish the intended use;
- The Company provides personal information in connection with business succession resulting from merger and acquisition, etc.; and,
- It is necessary for the Company to cooperate with any governmental authorities or local public authorities or persons who undertake services consigned by such authorities perform the duties stipulated in applicable laws and regulations, and such customer's consent would interfere with the performance of such duties.
8. Security and Accuracy of Information
Every effort is made on the Website to ensure that the accuracy of personal information about customers is maintained as well as protected. The Company takes all physical, managerial, and technical measures to protect personal information about a customer in an appropriate manner. For example, in the event that personal information is transmitted on the Internet, such information is encrypted.
9. Arbitrary Provision of Personal Information
The Company may use personal information supplied by a customer for the purposes of providing responses to inquiries and requests received, optimizing the Website to suit a customer, offering suitable support for a customer, and providing additional information about products and services. Even if you do not supply personal information, you may use the Website, but you may not be able to use many of the functions offered on it.
10. Personal Information about Children
Most of the Website is not intended for or designed for children aged 13 and under. The Company does not intentionally collect information from children aged 13 and under, but materials targeted at them may be included. If a parent or guardian wishes to confirm or delete personal information about children, please inform our contact on the handling of personal information.
For inquiries on the handling of personal information on the TDK Website, please contact the following.
- 3-9-1 Shibaura, Minato-ku, Tokyo
- Postal/Zip code: 108-0023 Japan
- TDK Corporation
- Information Security Committee